Yesterday I saw someone use #FreshStartMarch on their social media accounts. I thought to myself– what better way to go into the month of March and springtime than with a fresh start 🙂
How many of you have tried running but didn’t stick with it? Or really wanted to try running but didn’t know where to start?
In the purest form running is as simple as putting one foot in front of the other. And deciding that you want to be one step closer to the best possible version of you this year.
Below are 12 fun reasons to take up running this spring!
1. There is absolutely no better time to run than spring– when the air is fresh, the sun is warm, and you are surrounded by the newness of nature coming back to life after the long winter. Well, except maybe autumn 🙂 autumn running is pretty great too.
2. Endorphins. Enough said.
3. The act of putting one foot in front of the other to overcome the physical, mental, or emotional obstacles you are facing will make you feel alive.
4. Major calorie burn. Anyone need reminding that swimsuit season will be here before we know it?
5. There are plenty of spring 5Ks to choose from. So many that you’ll have a hard time choosing just one!
6. So you can eat that cookie guilt free.
7. Runners are awesome people to be around.
8. The opportunity to cross a finish line and know that you did it. Don’t forget to practice your finish line pose.
9. Don’t feel like doing chores around the house? Remember, you’ll always have the “Oh, I need to get a long run in today.” excuse.
10. To make new friends. Everyone needs a BRF (best running friend). Join your local running club or Couch to 5K program and you’ll instantly be blessed with a new circle of friends.
11. It’s good for you. And improves your energy level. Feeling tired? Go for a short run– I’ll guarantee you’ll have more energy when you get back.
12. There’s no equipment required. All you need is pair of running shoes and a desire to go.
What are some of the reasons you started running? Feel free to share in the comments 🙂
#UnapologeticallyYou #RunHappy #runtoinspire #runeveryday